The Carnica honey bee has excellent qualities that are prized by beekeepers from around the world.
- Non-aggressive, rarely stings,
- Calm and docile behaviour on the comb,
- Rapid spring development,
- High yields,
- Good use of forest pastures,
- Less collection of propolis,
- Excellent sense of orientation,
- A well-developed cleaning instinct,
- Wintering in small families and using small amounts of the winter food supply,
- easily adapt to climatic conditions as well tolerated low and high temperature,
- The Brood is adapted to pasture conditions,
- worker bees live from 4 to 9 days longer than other honeybee races,
- bee of high-yield, 37% more than the Caucasian and 18% more than the Italian bee.